Students, graduate students, post-doctoral associates, and junior faculty (less than four years in first academic appointment) may apply for this prestigious travel award. The applicant must be the primary author of a submitted abstract and must present their research in either a poster or oral (podium) session at the conference.
Award applications are reviewed by members of the selection panel and are based on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
- Quality of the abstract
- Relevance of the research to the 2018 SLAS Europe Conference and Exhibition
- Statement of value of the conference
- Qualifications of the applicant
Multiple applicants from a single research group are allowed to apply for the award. However, such applicants should understand that award application reviewers may prioritize the applications such that only one individual per investigator’s research group will receive an award, based on funding availability and the criteria stated above.
- Application Deadline (Podium & Poster Consideration): 8 December 2017
- Application Deadline (Poster Consideration Only): 25 May 2018
- Awardee Notifications Begin: 1st week of June 2018